Every Aspect composite door is manufactured to the highest of standards to ensure it is strong, durable and secure. We have sold over two million doors to date, evidence of the quality and exacting specification we demand.
The door has a perimeter sub-frame of a solid, water-resistant polymer material, which is reinforced with Laminated Veneered Lumber (LVL). A thermoset GRP skin is bonded to this sub-frame and the core of the door is then filled with high density, 100% CFC-free polyurethane foam. Finally, water resistant polymer composite rails protect the core from damage or water absorption.
The door’s core is what makes it so thermally efficient and so good at reducing sound. In fact, as you can see from the images on page 6, it is the most thermally efficient door on the market, increasing your home’s energy efficiency and saving you money on your energy bills.
The high impact resistant thermoset GRP skin not only keeps your door looking good, it will not expand and contract laterally so your door will not crack or delaminate. All standard solid colours are pre-pigmented and beautifully through-coloured. All other colours are oversprayed with a durable paint that will not peel or crack.
A Aspect composite door has a wealth of facts and figures that prove its quality. The door:
- achieves BS 6375-1 for weather tightness, air, wind and water
- achieves PAS 24 security standard, a prerequisite for achieving Secured by Design status
- reduces outdoor noise by an average of 31dB
- achieves Global Warming Potential (GWP) score of less than 5
- achieves Ozone Depletion Potential (ODP) score of zero
- meets UK Building Regulations U value requirements of 1.6 W/M2K
In other words, everything about a Aspect composite door has been designed to enhance your home for years to come.
CARE & MAINTENANCE
Your Aspect composite door has been designed to be easy to maintain. To keep your door clean, prolong the life of the
surface finish and protect your warranty, we recommend you wash it regularly using warm soapy water (washing up liquid is ideal)
and a soft, lint-free cloth. If you live in a coastal area, in a heavily industrialised area or near a main road, you may need to clean
your door more frequently.
It is important that you DO NOT use any of the following on your door:
- abrasive cleaners or scouring pads
- any type of bleach or solvent (e.g. white spirit, methylated spirit, cellulose thinners, acetone or nail varnish remover)
- any type of adhesives or tack for providing temporary protection or fixing of seasonal or other decorations etc
- high pressure or steam cleaners.
Our composite door is more energy efficient than a traditional timber door or a solid timber core composite door – fact!
These days, we all worry about how much energy our homes use. The rising cost of our energy bills and our impact on the environment mean we want to keep our consumption to a minimum. One of the best ways to do this is to choose thermally efficient products that keep warmth in and cold out, saving money and emissions.
We have tested our 44.5mm Premium composite door in comparison with a 48mm solid timber core composite door and a 44mm timber panelled door.
Our composite door was proved to be:
- 19% more thermally efficient than the 48mm solid timber core composite door
- 17% more thermally efficient than the 44mm traditional timber panelled door
The photos show the thermal efficiency of each of the doors. Dark blues indicate lower heat loss, while reds and greens indicate higher heat loss. The lower the score the more thermally efficient the door is.
When it comes to thermally efficient doors our composite door is the best choice you can make.